9th Estill World Voice Symposium: London, England
Mark your calendars! The next Estill World Voice Symposium will be held August 9-11, 2019 at King’s College London. We will be hosted by The Voice Explained. Our theme is Let’s Get Physical as a nod to the moving anatomy at the core of every Estill Voice Training Figure.
Thank you to all who submitted abstracts for presentations! The symposium abstract committee will be reviewing all submissions and sending presentation acceptance notifications by February 10th. If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-course: Diction for Performers
Diction for Performers will be highlighted as the 2-day Symposium Pre-course on August 7-8, 2019. This practical workshop explores the physiology, acoustics, practice and application of Diction across a range of genres and performance, in both acting and singing. Performers of all kinds, actors and singers, teachers, students, beginners and professionals are welcome.
Faculty includes Kim Steinhauer (President – Estill Voice International), Mary McDonald Klimek (Vice-President – Estill Voice International), and Anne-Marie Speed (Estill Mentor and Course Instructor, Voice, Singing, Acting and Accent Coach). Additional faculty and program to be confirmed.
Pre-course, Meet & Greet, & EMCI Meeting: Royal Academy of Music
Royal Academy of Music, Marylebone Rd, Marylebone, London NW1 5HT, UK
Symposium Sessions: King’s College London
King’s College London, Bush House Auditorium, Bush House (Central Block), 30 Aldwych, London WC2B 4BG, UK
For student housing and hostel accommodations near the symposium:
For nearby bed & breakfast and hotels:
Schedule of Key Events
- August 7: Diction for Performers Day One at Royal Academy of Music (10am – 5pm)
- August 8: Diction for Performers Day Two at Royal Academy of Music (10am – 3pm)
- Registration Meet & Greet at Royal Academy of Music (4pm – 5:30pm)
- August 9: Symposium Day One at King’s College (8:15am – 4:45pm)
- Certification Advisory Board Lunch Meeting (12:30pm – 1:30pm)
- August 10: Symposium Day Two at King’s College (8:30am – 4:45pm)
- EMT Lunch Meeting (12:30pm – 1:30pm)
- August 11: Symposium Day Three at King’s College (9am – 4pm)
- Gala Dinner & Estill Lifetime Achievement Awards at King’s College (6pm – 10pm)
- August 12: EMCI Meeting at Royal Academy of Music (10am – 3pm)
Symposium early bird fee when booked before May 9: $500.00 USD
Symposium late registration (after May 9): $550.00 USD
Diction for Performers: £320.00 GBP (£275.00 GBP if attending the Estill World Voice Symposium)
Be sure to revisit this page for more details coming soon! You can also receive announcements about the Symposium direct to your email inbox by subscribing to our quarterly e-newsletter here.