Registration is closed for this course. Please contact the host for more information.
Sing and Speak with Contact- ONLINESpecial Topics
Course ID: 966
Date: 2020/10/10 to 2020/10/10 (YYYY/MM/DD) Time: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm BST Cost: £45 (Early bird: £35 by 26 September 2020) Language: English
Instructors: Stefan Holmstrom
Contact: Stefan Holmström | firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0)7970 057 660
Understanding how the true vocal folds work is a fantastic building block for all singers, speakers and teachers. Without strain you can improve your artistry with better dynamic control and introduce new colours.
If you have ever felt stuck in one volume while singing or speaking - either too soft, too loud or just always medium - or want to experiment with falsetto, glottal fry or breathy tone, this workshop is for you.
In the session we'll explore:
- Onset/Offset: how do we get in and out of vocal contact?
- Body-Cover: moving between thin, thick, slack and stiff folds.
This course is aimed at anyone who wants to learn more about how the voice works, singers of all genres and all speakers (e.g. actors, teachers, vicars, etc.), voice teachers, choral directors and speech and language therapists.
By the end of the workshop, participants will have:
- had an anatomical overview of the larynx
- understood the layered structure of the true vocal folds
- explored the relationship between contact and breath
- gained an understanding of efficient voice use
- explored the Estill figure for onsets ond offsets
- explored the Estill figure for body cover
Full price: £45 (Early bird: £35 by 26 September 2020)
About the trainer
Stefan Holmström, MFA and Estill Master Trainer (EMT), is a professional opera singer and voice teacher who works with a wide range of singers and speakers. He offers online singing lessons and workshops from his studio in central Brighton. For more information, please visit www.stefanholmstrom.co.uk or contact Stefan at email@example.com or +44 (0)7970 057 660.