Step 1: Register with EVI to reserve your seat.
Step 2: Pay tuition to course host through payment link or direct email to course host.
True Vocal Fold ControlSpecial Topics
Course ID: 652
Date: 2020/05/02 to 2020/05/02 (YYYY/MM/DD) Time: 10:00 am to 11:30 am Cost: £20.00 per person Language: English
Instructors: Stefan Holmstrom
Contact: Stefan Holmström | email@example.com | 07970 057 660
St Michael and All Angels
Brighton East Sussex
Have you ever felt stuck in one volume while singing or speaking - either too soft or too loud? Or just always medium? Or is your tone always breathy? This workshop is definitely for you! When your vocal folds make contact and vibrate (they can do so in different ways) they can produce some amazingly different sounds.
In the session we'll explore:
- Body-Cover: moving between thin, thick, slack and stiff folds.
- Onsets/Offsets: how do we get into and out of contact? What happens at the moment breath and voice meet?
- Breathing: deep abdominal breathing so that you can discover how much breath you actually need to make voice. (Spoiler: it’s much less than you think!)
By the end of the workshop, participants will have:
- practiced the Estill Figures for Body-Cover and Onsets/Offsets
- had an anatomical overview of the true vocal folds
- explored the relationship between contact and breath
- gained an understanding of efficient voice use
- gained tools to improve volume control
About the trainer
Stefan Holmström is a professional opera singer and voice teacher working with singers of all ages and abilities with a wide range of goals. He offers singing lessons and workshops at his studio in central Brighton, as well as on location across the UK and in Sweden. As an Estill Master Trainer (EMT), Stefan uses Estill Voice Training (EVT) as a baseline for safe and sustainable voice use. EVT is an efficient, scientific way to maximise voice control to achieve true performance magic!