Step 1: Register with EVI to reserve your seat.
Step 2: Pay tuition to course host through payment link or direct email to course host.
Introductory WorkshopIntroduction to Estill Voice Training® - In-person CANTERBURY
Course ID: 2313
Date: 2023/06/10 to 2023/06/10 (YYYY/MM/DD) Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm Cost: 140 Language: English
Instructors: Laura Boon
Contact: Laura Boon | firstname.lastname@example.org | +447977440368
Community Studio, Cathedral Lodge
Canterbury Cathedral Lodge Canterbury CT1 2EH
What the workshop includes:
This one-day workshop will be a fun and practical introduction to the Estill Model, where we will explore:
- concepts of Effort, Power, Source, Filter, Pitch and Attractor States in the Estill Model
- 13 ‘Figures’ for voice control - looking at individual structures in our voice production and how they affect the sounds we make
- 6 Voice Qualities: Speech, Falsetto, Sob, Twang, Opera and Belt
- the Estill hand signals to enhance learning
- Voiceprint Plus, a programme that enables you to ‘see’ and gain visual feedback on your voice
This will be a safe and non-judgmental space for vocal exploration. Individual feedback will also be offered throughout the day, although individual participation isn’t compulsory! Estill Voice Training has no aesthetic bias, and voice users from any background are warmly welcomed.
Who is this workshop for?
This whole-day, in-person interactive workshop will be a wonderful opportunity to discover how transformative and empowering Estill Voice Training can be, and could be ideal for:
- Those interested in finding out more about Estill before committing to a full 5-day course
- Singers and singing teachers
- Choir leaders
- School music teachers
- Musical Directors
- Anyone who uses their voice in a professional capacity
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance from Estill Voice International which can be used as evidence of CPD.
Where and when?
We are so lucky to be able to run this course in the heart of Canterbury, in the beautiful Cathedral Precinct.
Venue: Community Studio, Canterbury Cathedral Lodge, Canterbury CT1 2EH (next to the Cathedral Gift Shop)
Time: 9:30am - 4:30pm, with a break for lunch (you can bring your own or find something delicious in Canterbury).
Refreshments will also be provided for a short mid-morning and mid-afternoon break.
A limited number of parking spaces are available - early booking is advised to be able to reserve one of the spaces. The Community Studio is walkable from both Canterbury East and Canterbury West train stations, and Canterbury bus station.