Step 1: Register with EVI to reserve your seat.
Step 2: Pay tuition to course host through payment link or direct email to course host.
Introductory WorkshopWelcome To Estill - Let’s Start At The Very Beginning - IN PERSON INTRODUCTORY COURSE, LONDON
Course ID: 2133
Date: 2023/04/22 to 2023/04/22 (YYYY/MM/DD) Time: 1000-1800 Cost: £179 Language: English
Instructors: Alex Dengate
Contact: Alex Dengate | firstname.lastname@example.org | 07875581659
The Umbrella Rooms
241 Shaftesbury Avenue WC2H 8EH
LONDON Central London
Welcome To Estill - Let’s Start At The Very Beginning
Welcome To Estill is a one day, interactive, fun and practical introductory course that covers all the key elements of the Estill Model.
The course is for those who are looking for inspiration, knowledge and understanding of their own voice in both spoken and sung voice user contexts who are keen to improve their craft through practice and training.
Estill Voice Training offers speakers and singers the tools needed to realise their full vocal potential whatever that may be. It is a scientific approach to voice use with an emphasis on training individual vocal structures of the voice in isolation sonthat maximum artistic freedom can be achieved.
The course will explore the 13 figures for voice and also the 6 voice qualities: Speech, Falsetto, Sob, Twang, Opera and Belt. The course is limited to a maximum of 20 people and is a safe and open space for exploration and vocal play with opportunities for individual coaching throughout the day. Estill Voice Training has no aesthetic bias and offers non-judgemental awareness of all aspects of the Estill model.
The course will conclude with an optional open coaching session for anyone wishing to receive coaching on their voice in either spoken or sung contexts. Participants can bring songs, speeches, poems, text - whatever they like and will receive direct coaching on their voice there and then.
By the end of the workshop, participants will have:
* had an anatomical overview of Estill Voice Training (EVT) and the voice.
* learned about the physiology and function of the voice.
* explored the concepts of effort, power, source, filter, pitch and attractor states in the context of the Estill Model.
* explored all 13 Estill Figures for Voice and the 6 Estill voice qualities (Speech, Twang, Falsetto, Sob, Opera & Belt).
* been offered the opportunity for individual coaching and expert feedback.
* had an introduction to Voiceprint Plus, a software that is available to give you visual feedback about your voice and vocal control.
* discovered the Estill hand signals for the relevant figures.
Who would this course be useful for?
-Speech and Language Therapists
The course would also be helpful for those interested in 1-2-1 coaching, those considering attending a full Estill Level 1 & 2 Course and those interested in Estill Certification (EFP/EMT/EMCI).
All course participants will receive an official Attendance Certificate from Estill Voice Training which can be used as evidence of CPD.