Registration is closed for this course. Please contact the host for more information.
Introductory WorkshopThe Singers Toolkit - An introduction to Estill Voice Training
Course ID: 1786
Date: 2022/05/15 to 2022/05/15 (YYYY/MM/DD) Time: 10am - 4pm Cost: £60 in person - £40 Online - Early bird discounts available Language: English
Instructors: James Grimsey
Contact: James Grimsey | email@example.com | +44 01908 032 082
Sunrise Parkway Linford Wood East
Milton Keynes, MK14 6LS Buckinghamshire
In this packed 1 day course we will explore all of the key components that are in the singers toolkit. Expand your knowledge of how voice is made voice and the incredible range of vocal options (tools) we can all use to achieve our vocal goals. This course is packed with practical tips and techniques and is the perfect introduction to take if you are considering our signature 5 day course. This course is suitable for all levels of singers from beginner to professional (no experience required) and also non-singers that have an interest in voice.
You can attend in person or online via a high quality live feed. Early bird rate until 1st April.
What you will learn
- The fundamentals of singing (what you really NEED to know)
- Pitch and tuning - what it means for singers
- Breathing and support - unlock the biggest vocal mysteries
- Discover voice training based on science, research and facts
- Answer your vocal questions and problems and learn about Estill Voice Training courses and certification pathways
- Make key links between theory and practice
- Increase your vocal range and learn how to create the vocal tone you want
- Improve your vocal technique
- Learn about high intensity qualities like Belting and Opera
- Tackling nerves and anxiety in performance
- Participants can take part in an open session and work on vocal a 'problem' with James
Who is it for?
Essential for aspiring singers, coaches, teachers, professional speakers, speech and language therapists, actors, singers and dancers. In fact this course is for anyone that wants to learn how their voice works, the vocal tools we ALL have in our toolkit and most importantly how we can use them.
James is an Estill Mentor and Course Instructor, he has presented Courses and Workshops all across the UK, in the USA and Australia. James has worked as a voice trainer to actors, singers and coaches for over 20 years. His wide ranging coaching experience has included the UK’s leading performance training institutions and conservatoires. James has worked with high profile pop artistes and West-End stars and the UK’s finest young talent. His work in television has seen him work on TV shows including The Voice Kids and The X-Factor and his students and clients have featured on Britains Got Talent for ITV and Pitch Battle for BBC1.
James has worked extensively with the Estill voice training system and leads the vocal team at the first Educational affiliate in England. James has trained with the worlds leading vocal gurus and his educational work has inspired many thousands of people across the UK to find their voice and achieve their vocal potential.
James co-founded Arts1 in 2006 with his partner Rebecca Carrington. In 2022 is launching his voice training platform - The Voice Course, creating a space for people to learn from the worlds leading vocal educators.